|Literal English||Turtle Destruction Wave|
|Classification||Ki Manipulation Technique|
The Kamehameha Wave (かめはめ波, Turtle Devastation Wave) is a powerful and well-known Ki Manipulation Technique technique. It is the signature move of several characters. Because of its wide-spread use, the Kamehameha has many different variations.
According to legend, the Kamehameha was the first energy technique to be developed by the Grand Supreme Kai. According to him, he created the technique so that it may be used as a "tool of protecting the innocent". At some point in time, due to the teachings of the Western Supreme Kai, it became common knowledge to most fighters throughout the Universe.
The Kamehameha is a high-level energy technique, requiring absolute control of one's ki. Because of this, only high-level warriors can preform the Kamehameha Wave in battle. In order to preform the technique, the user cups their hands and brings them behind their back while reciting "Ka... me... ha... me... HA!" Doing so while gathering the energy for the technique between the user's cupped hands produces a powerful energy wave with disastrous effects. With practice and mastery of the technique, the Kamehameha can even be used with one hand or in other forms.
- Concentrated Kamehameha: A weaker version of the Kamehameha Amara can perform, though it is unknown how she came across the technique. It performed the same as a Kamehameha Wave, but is weaker as well as having limited range and hits within a 3x4 meter area.
- Super Kamehameha: An advanced version of the Kamehameha. The fundamentals of this technique are no different than any other Kamehameha, the only real difference is enhanced ki output, which, interestingly in itself, is enough to generate light from the energy source while the attack is being prepared.
- Mouth Kamehameha: A variant of the Chou Makouhou technique where Amara charges a Kamehameha wave in her mouth and then releases it in a powerful destructive blast. Due to the fact that it is charged within her mouth, the incantation is not spoken.
- Spherical Kamehameha: A variation of the standard Kamehameha wave, originating with Vegeta, who learned it after training for a full year with the Southern Supreme Kai. Unlike most Kamehameha variants, it is not a wave, but rather an energy ball technique.
- Twin Spherical Kamehameha: A variant shown by Amara, despite not having been shown using the single variant. It was created on the spot to combat Samigina and the extent of it's power isn't known as it was used merely to deflect an attack.
- Angry Kamehameha: The one-handed combination of the Kamehameha and the Abhorrence Wave used by Vegeta in his Super Saiyan form.
- The Kamehameha blast is named after Kamehameha I of Hawaii.